This weekend we took a road trip to California! We got to stay with Grandma Amelia, it was so fun to visit with her and Great Grandma!
Kimmy had so much fun she just makes herself at home where ever she goes. Hope enjoyed herself too as long as we weren't in the car, she hated every minute of being in the car. Which meant I got to sit in the back seat the entire 12 hour drive!
Thanksgiving day we had a yummy turkey dinner at Grandmas house and relaxed and visited. It was such a beautiful day we took the girls for walks and played outside in the sunshine!
Friday we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific, Hope was in love with all the fish she wanted to jump into all the tanks! Kimmy was less than impressed she was like "look a fish, oh look another fish, and another fish ....." she had more fun chasing the pigeons that were outside. We also rented a bike with seats for the kids, we rode it along the beach and down the pier. Kimmy thought it was so fun and kept wanting to go faster, faster! Hope on the other hand wanted to be held and eventually fell asleep during the ride.
Saturday we started the long drive home this time stopping in Vegas, and let me tell ya you do not want to be driving in Vegas on a Saturday night jeez it took over an hour and half to get to our hotel through the traffic. So by that time it was dark and cold and Kimmy was disappointed she couldn't swim, instead we wore our swimsuits in the hotel bath tub and made a big splashy wet mess!
Sunday we left Vegas finishing our drive home, taking twice as long as we intended because of the "Heavy Holiday Traffic" according to a sign we passed. But we finally got home!
It was the first vacation Steven and I have taken together since we met 7 years ago, crazy I know. But I decided we are taking a vacation at least once a year from now on. It was tons of fun. And even though I missed my family on Thanksgiving I am glad we went, the girls had a great time and it was awesome to see Grandma Amelia and Great Grandma! And I have never got to wear flip flops on Thanksgiving before ;)
November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment